Milton Keynes Dentist Dr Teresa Day, known for her charity work, has just returned from the remote Rif Mountains region, in North Eastern Morocco where she was part of a dental delegation of 6 UK dentists plus dental nurses.
· The first destination was a remote school in a fishing village, with 650 children and a high intake of honey, sweet mint tea, and no dental health service which all contributes to extreme dental decay. We treated 185 kids here that had severe dental decay!
· The second destination was a remote village high in the Rif mountains where we treated a further 260 children who had severe dental decay!
Dr Teresa is usually found treating patients in her comfortable dental clinic in Central Milton Keynes, where she is surrounded by modern day dental equipment, running water, and fabulous support team, everything she could ever need. She donated a ‘Magic Wand’ which makes dental injections painless and gave the kids a less traumatic time than they would otherwise have had. Dr Teresa finances her own trip plus the revenue she loses while away from her business.
2 mobile dental chairs were brought through fundraising, and awarded to this particular regionof Morocco for a visiting dentist. And a chair was donated to the El Jebah, Medical clinic which had no dental chair, until now
“Pain Free Dentistry is at the heart of all we do”, explains Dr Teresa. And she added, “This year the kids were entertained by games, colouring books and Dental Mavericks Mascot, Roger the Rabbit! It was such a great dental distraction, that the kids were asking for more extractions.”
Dr Teresa said, “year on year this is the most overwhelming experience of my dental career and another charity expedition I will never forget.”
Cally Gedge from the award winning Dental Mavericks outfit, who organised the annual expedition said,dentists to rid them from the daily pain of decayed teeth. There is no free or easy to access dental care.”
Dr Teresa told us about her future plans, “The Dental Mavericks Teeth for Life Programme” To fund a nurse who will visit the school weekly, educate children on tooth decay prevention, and also to bring in a dentist every month from the nearest town Chefchaouen, 2.5 hours away, treating kids in pain.
If you’d like to view pictures of the beautiful Moroccan children, Roger the Rabbit, the mobile field chairs being presented to the local clinic and HD video, make any donations, or sponsor the ‘Moroccan Kids Teeth for Life’ programme, please visit www.dentalmavericks.org
To transform your smile, contact Appledore Dental Clinic Milton Keynes and you will start smiling more
- Call now on 01908 230 209
- Click here to go to our website
- Please click here to go to our facebook page Dentist Milton Keynes At Appledore -please take the time to click to 'like us' - thank you
- Smile success stories here - http://cosmeticdentistmk.co.uk/index.php/success-stories-dentist-milton-keynes