|Dr Teresa Day|
Founder and Clinical Director of
Appledore Dental Clinic
Dental Mavericks helping children in Morocco - update on this years mission
- 24.09.12 problems getting the equipment thru customs and Cally Gedge now has to spend tomoz trying to get this sorted out - agghghghghghhgh
- 25.09.12 phew! - finally customs have allowed our equipment thru. It will be at El Jabah this evening so we'll be able to start treating the children tomorrow :)
- 26.09.12 Had to wait for the local anaesthetic to arrive (we can't bring that in with us we have to source it locally), so this delayed us starting treatments. Saw a 10 year old boy with big black holes in his front teeth, managed to fill them and make them look nice, he went out beaming and Dr Teresa was told it had made his year. Between us we’ve treated 70+ children today, mainly extractions. Very draining physically and emotionally - expecting to do the same again tomorrow.
- 27.09.12 Saw a 6 year old girl today with 2 abscessed teeth - she smiled all the way thru the treatment when we took them out - she was a joy to treat and parents were very grateful. All in we treated over 90+ children today. some very emotional moments with the scared ones, and hugs and kisses after treatment. Ran out of supplies so we had to finish earlier than expected.
- 28.09.12 Will be a day to rest and we travel home on 29.09.12. I'm already looking forward to coming back next year!
- In the meantime Dr Teresa looks like witchypoo with her broken tooth, no news yet on how this happened - good job we know some very good dentists, she'll be needing one :)
http://www.dentalmavericks.org/ OUR MISSION To bring pain free dentistry to six hundred children in a village called El Jebah, North East Morocco.
To transform your smile, contact Appledore Dental Clinic Milton Keynes and you will start smiling more.